Version 2.4.0 - Release notes¶
|Release Date||End of AMP(*)||End of Life|
(*) Active Maintenance Period
End of Life
This release has reached the end of its life and is no longer maintained or supported.
The information presented in the on-line guide are mostly non-version specific. AnswerModules team does its best to ensure that, where necessary, is made clear that the information presented is only applicable to specific versions, however if you are looking for this version-specific documentation, you can find it here
The present document contains information regarding product enhancements, fixed issues and known issues related to AnswerModules Modules Suite version 2.4.0.
No Warranties and Limitation of Liability
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the features and techniques presented in this publication. However, AnswerModules accepts no responsibility and offer no warranty whether expressed or implied, for the accuracy of this publication.
Module Suite Compatibility Matrix¶
|OpenText Content Server||MS 2.4.0|
|Content Server 10.0.x|
|Content Server 10.5.x||X|
|Content Suite 16||X|
|Content Suite 16 EP2-EP5||X|
|Content Suite 16 EP6|
Major Changes in version 2.4.0¶
- Dropped support for JRE version 7
JRE 7 no longer supported
Starting with update 2015-09 OpenText Content Server is shipped with a JRE version 8. Starting from Module Suite version 2.4 support for JRE 7 is discontinued. Customers willing to install Module Suite 2.4 are invited to verify that this requirement (JRE >=8) is satisfied by their Content Suite platform.
- Upgraded numerous third party dependencies
- Improved isolation of Java components with respect to the environments
- Improved, by over 30%, the modules overall performances
- Introduced new APIs to support large PDF documents manipulation without encountering excessive system memory consumption related issues
- Introduced the possibility to assign a custom priority to Content Scripts scheduled using the DA framework
- Cache service now supports the direct caching of ServiceContextAware objects (e.g. CSNode, CSUser, CSGroup, CSFolder...) objects
- Significant reduction, approximately 50%, of the View’s footprint on the database
- Introduced numerous new widgets
- Introduced the concept of Layout: widgets can now contain additional widgets and therefore be utilized to better organize the form's page
- Introduced 'in line text editor' functionality in the FormBuilder. Form field labels and static text can be edited directly from the SmartEditor (no need to open the configuration panel)
- Improved functionality for repositioning widgets in the View.
- Simplified the resizing of widgets and labels. Any widget or label dimensions can now be determined through simple actions performed on the same, within the SmartEditor.
- Improved the usability of the configuration panel. Configuration options are now organized in tabs, form's fields can now be "searched" by name or type.
- Introduced a new View preview feature directly in the editor.
- Introduced the functionality to roll-back widget configuration changes during an editing session.
Extension Package for Blazon (NEW)¶
Programmatically manage rendition jobs on Blazon
Extension Package for the integration with S3 by AWS (NEW)¶
Extension Package for xECM (NEW)¶
Utilize Content Script to programmatically create and administer Connected Workspaces
Extension Package for Office documents¶
Several enhancements have been introduced:
- It is now possible to change the width of the columns in an Excel file
- It is now possible to merge Word files
- Improved support for the systematic creation/editing of Word files
All Enhancements in version 2.4.0¶
|#0000598||Content Script||It's now possibile to embed resources into CSEmail (e.g. a logo image)|
|#0000597||Extension - Docx||It's now possibile to merge multiple Word documents togheter|
|#0000596||Extension - Docx||It's now possibile to change the size of Excel columns|
|#0000594||Module Suite||Cache service now supports the direct caching of CSNode objects|
|#0000593||Content Script||Objects extending ServiceContextAwareObject are now Serializabile. Before to attempt to serialize them call the detach method to|
|#0000592||Content Script||CSNode's metadata are now always accessible no matter which method as been used to load the node|
|#0000588||Content Script||It's now possibile to change the priority for scheduled tasks|
|#0000585||Extension - AmGui||AddItems override is not working on Compound Documents|
|#0000570||Content Script||Add support form Windows authentication in CSWS|
|#0000562||Module Suite||REST APIs: Being able to set StatusCode on success, Content Type on error|
|#0000590||Module Suite||CSMultiButtons in collections|
Issues Resolved in version 2.4.0¶
|#0000589||Beautiful Webforms||CreateForm method does not work when submission mechanism = WORKFLOW|
|#0000583||Beautiful Webforms||Multiple collapsible Panel Containers collapse wrong panel when clicked|
|#0000582||Beautiful Webforms||Passing an empty string as value for a field of type "Date", results in wrong value stored in the form|
|#0000578||Beautiful Webforms||Under undetermined circumstances getTemplate function causes a trace file's generation|
|#0000576||Content Script||pat162000373_CS64_WIN breaks setting major/minor version and num of versions to keep through CS|
|#0000574||Script Console||Memory leak in CommandLauncherJob if the scheduled script performs actions related to RBWF|
|#0000568||Content Script||It's not possible to programmatically start a WF having WebReport WP enabled|
|#0000595||Beautiful Webforms||Validation of Views' source code is not working and a lot of error messages are generated within the logfile|
|#0000591||Content Script||It's not possible to update a CSUser without providing a new password for the same|
|#0000584||Beautiful Webforms||PrimitiveField contains a debugging instruction which is logging at error level|
|#0000581||Extension - Docx||xlsx.getAllWorksheets() API returns an empty list|
|#0000579||Content Script||Unable to send on a CS Workflow task configured to run in background if a previous run of the same returned an error|
|#0000577||Content Script||Saving script fails if script body is empty|
|#0000575||Content Script||Templating service error occurs when using Escape XML utility|