Module Suite hotfixes are typically distributed in the form of compressed file archives (.zip files).
The content of the archive is a folder structure that mirrors the structure of the Content Server installation directory (e.g. ''E:\Opentext'' or ''/opt/opentext/otcs'' ).
Below an exemplar structure of an ''hotfix'' archive:
├ module │ ├ anscontentscript\_X\_Y\_Z │ ├ amlib │ ├ ... │ ├ ... │ ├ hotfixes │ │ └──── hotFix_ANS_XYZ_###.hfx │ ├ ... │ ├ ojlib │ └ ... │ └ support ├ anscontentscript ├ ... ├ amui │ └──── js │ └────... └ ...
AnswerModules hotfixes follow a simple naming convention: they are all preceded by hotFix_ANS_ followed by an optional string that identifies the AnswerModules product (e.g. DS for DocuSign Connector) (if absent the hotfix must be consider for Module Suite) followed by three digits identifying the version of the AnswerModules product followed by three digits identifying the hotfix followed by an optional string that identifies the OpenText Content Suite version the hotfix is compatible with.
- Hotfix 001 for Module Suite version 2.4.0
- Hotfix 002 for DocuSign Connector version 1.5.0 to be utilized on Content Server version 16.0.X
- Hotfix 001 for AnswerModules Smart View extension version 1.5.0
- Cumulative hotfix (containing hotfixes from 009 to 024) for Module Suite version 2.4.0 to be utilized on Content Server 16.0.X
To install an hotfix the files provided in the hotfix archive must be deployed within the Content Server installation directory in order to overwrite existing files and/or to add new files to the AnswerModules product binaries.
The suggested procedure for installing an hotfix is the following:
- Extract the archive in a temporary folder;
- Read the patch installation notes carefully. The installation notes come in the form of a text file ending with .hfx located within the module/anscontentscript_x_y_z/hotfixes folder. The installation notes contains information about the issues addressed by the hotfix and any additional deployment instructions to follow;
In case of a cumulative hotfix, carefully read all the hotfixes installation notes.
- Check the contents of the archive and backup all files in installation folder of the Content Server that will be overwritten by the hotfix;
Unless otherwise instructed by the hotfix installation notes:
- Stop the Content Server services;
- Copy the contents of the hotfix in the Content Server installation directory or follow hotfix's more specific instructions for deployment;
- Restart the Content Server services
- Always read the hotfix notes before deploying the hotfix. Some hotfixes require additional operations to be performed before or after deploying the binaries;
- Always perform a backup of the patched binaries;
- Make sure that the version of the hotfix matches exactly the version of the target AnswerModules product and OpenText Content Suite environment.
- Hotfixes are identified by a progressive numbering. It is imperative that hotfixes are deployed respecting the correct sequential order, as it is possible that the same resources are patched by different hotfixes (e.g. hotFix_ANS_260_002.zip (progressive number: 2) must not be installed after hotFix_ANS_260_003.zip (progressive number: 3). If, for any reason, an hotfix has been skipped and has to be later installed on a system, all subsequent hotfixes must be reinstalled in order to ensure that no newer change has been reverted
- When OpenText Content Suite is running on a clustered environment, hotfixes must be installed on all the servers on which Content Suite is deployed.