Version 2.6.0 - Release notes¶
|Release Date||End of AMP(*)||End of Life|
(*) Active Maintenance Period
The information presented in the on-line guide are mostly non-version specific. AnswerModules team does its best to ensure that, where necessary, is made clear that the information presented is only applicable to specific versions, however if you are looking for this version-specific documentation, you can find it here
The present document contains information regarding product enhancements, fixed issues and known issues related to AnswerModules Modules Suite version 2.6.0.
No Warranties and Limitation of Liability
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the features and techniques presented in this publication. However, AnswerModules accepts no responsibility and offer no warranty whether expressed or implied, for the accuracy of this publication.
Module Suite Compatibiliy Matrix¶
|OpenText Content Server||MS 2.6.0|
|Content Server 10.0.x|
|Content Server 10.5.x|
|Content Suite 16|
|Content Suite 16 EP2-EP5|
|Content Suite 16 EP6|
|Content Suite 16 EP7||X|
Major Changes in version 2.6.0¶
- Introduced the Smart Pages module. Smart Pages is a brand new module that aims to simplify the creation of good-looking functional user interfaces, both as a standalone solution and as part of the Smart View perspectives.
Smart Pages features a WYSIWYG drag-and-drop editor, similar to the one already available for Beautiful WebForms, to enable business users to autonomously tailor their Smart View experience.
- Introduced the possibility to limit the APIs a developer can utilize in Content Script objects. Content Script script engine can now be configured so that scripts are executed in a controlled container:Sandbox where only whitelisted APIs are usable. Whenever a developer uses an unauthorized API, at the time the script is executed, the engine will return an error containing information about the forbidden API and how to add exceptions to the preamble script if using this API is inevitable . The use of prohibited APIs may be authorized by super-users on the basis of what is specified in the preamble of the script.
- Process Builder API
- A new API for defining workflow maps. This new API greatly reduces the effort required to set up a Workflow application, while opening up a brand new spectrum of possibilities.
Extension for Workflow¶
It's now possibile to execute a Content Script associated to a Workflow Map as a Workflow Event Script.
Extension SFTP (NEW)¶
A new extension package that allows you to establish SFTP connections to remote servers.
Smart Pages (NEW)¶
Smart Pages has superseded the Module Suite extension of the Smart View. Previously available Smart View tiles, part of the AnswerModules's library have been ported and improved.
- Content Script Result: Content Script Result tile accepts now, as a datasource, both a Content Script and a Smart Page object. Content Script Result tile supports now the expanding behaviour, a second Content Script or Smart Page datasource can be associated to the expanded version of the tile.
- It's now possibile to configure AnswerModules' Smart View Tiles in order to pre-fetch their configuration using a separate call to the associated Content Script datasource endpoint. The Content Script datasource endpoint is in this case called with an additional widgetConfig parameter.
All Enhancements in version 2.6.0¶
|#0000668||Module Suite||Module Suite 2.5 backward compatible with OTCS 16.0.12 (2019-03)|
|#0000683||Content Script||Change default attrSourceType in docman.moveNode() from Merge to Original|
|#0000660||Extension - Rendition||Limit the possibility to execute arbitrary drop in|
|#0000633||Module Suite||Introduced security checks to prevent the developers from accidentally damaging the system|
|#0000092||Beautiful Webforms||Add possibility to bind form field "editable" flag to a variable in binding|
|#0000566||Content Script||Enable CS to be used as EventScripts in WF|
|#0000669||Module Suite||Remove Manage Content Script Extension Packages function from Administration pages|
|#0000646||Content Script||Request to support SFTP|
|#0000656||Beautiful Webforms||Added support for WYSIWYG editors in FormBuilder widgets configuration panel|
|#0000047||Content Script||It's now possible to set create custom properties of type hidden in Base Configuration|
|#0000658||Extension - Docx||Is now possible to force Excel to update internal formulas upon file opening|
Issues Resolved in version 2.6.0¶
|#0000639||Beautiful Webforms||onChangeAction set on Smart DropDown causes a reloads loop|
|#0000687||Extension - eSign||reset ESign value in the workflow step|
|#0000379||Beautiful Webforms||Submit Button in new Beautiful WebForms view does not allow to select icon|
|#0000070||Beautiful Webforms||Opening a Beautiful Form View with Form Builder gives error 500 if Form Template is empty|
|#0000185||Content Script||Typo in error message for RunAs functionality|
|#0000467||Beautiful||Webforms Checkbox widgets are not initialized correctly when creating a new view|
|#0000528||Extension - Docx||Error logs when reading core docx properties that have not been set|
|#0000626||Beautiful Webforms||Clear button hides when there are more lines in the CS Modernizzed Classic UI template|
|#0000628||Beautiful Webforms||User icons in the UserByLogin widget are not displayed correctly in V3 Smart View and Smart View Task template|
|#0000667||Module Suite||Error URL in online Documentation Import and Upgrade tool|
|#0000638||Beautiful Webforms||Space Content does not allow adding new documents with IE|
|#0000651||Module Suite||Errors in the links in the Extension for ClassicUI online guide|
|#0000685||Content Script||unScheduleContentScript (CSNode node) does not work|
|#0000650||Content Script||Querybuilder does not find archived workflows|
|#0000671||Content Script||Unable to get attachmentList email java.lang.NullPointerException when the attachment is a msg file|
|#0000692||Beautiful Webforms||Drop area widget fails to initialize|
|#0000657||Content Script||Accessing node content randomly returns an empty file|
|#0000665||Content Script||Issue with DAPI.GetNode cache causes wrong node data to be loaded in specific circumstances|
|#0000666||Extension - PDF||Errors deleting temp files after PDF manipulations|
|#0000659||Extension - Docx||POI library compatibility issue with OTCS 16.2.8|